Since 2012 & the first edition of the Plug&Work event in Luxembourg, recruitment parties on pre-selection have found their audience. They echo back to increasing recruitment needs in specialized sectors such as IT or Finance while offering a casual atmosphere.
The next Digital Plug&Work Luxembourg party will give prominence to the IT and Finance sectors with companies such as CTG Luxembourg (Premium Sponsor), BIL, POST Luxembourg, Luxair group, Intrasoft, Northern Trust and PwC (Official Sponsors), but also Ausy Luxembourg, Sogeti, Orbium, Fujitsu…
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Young and Senior ICT and Finance professionals are invited to a prestigious place with a cocktail dinner and a bit of music. They will have the chance to talk about open positions and projects with interested recruiters. Colored badges will make discussions easier and motivation as well as networking will do the rest!
- Pre-selection of candidates increases chances of finding a job
- An excellent occasion to talk about projects and technical environments with tech-savvy girls and guys.
- Go beyond the lines of your resume.
- Meet the right people at the right time.
- A chilled-out atmosphere, making interactions easier!
Candidates who feel ready to take up their next challenge in Luxembourg can already get information and pre-register on: http://plugnwork.lu/index_en.html.
1 iPhone X to win! A random draw will be organised among the selected candidates who participated in the job party.
FAQ: click on a question, the answer will appear.
General information – Registration – How to join – On site – Getting ready for the event – Approaching recruiters
- 1. When is the job party Digital Plug&Work Luxembourg due?
- 2. Which recruiters will be there?
- 3. General process as a candidate: what should I do to get in touch with recruiters?
- 4. Why should I register for this event?
- 5. How to register for Digital Plug&Work Luxembourg?
- 6. When will I get my invitation to the event?
- 7. What to do if I didn’t get my invitation yet after registering?
- 8. When is the best timing to get to the job party?
- 9. How do I get to the fair, where to park and where to sleep?
- 10. Will there be a coat check and a reminder about the present companies during the job party?
- 11. Is there a restaurant on site?
- 12. How can I find recruiters on site?
- 13. Should I bring resumes or a business card?
- 14. Why joining such an event?
- 15. How to prepare for such an event?
- 16. How to optimize my visit to this job party?
We did not answer your question? Do not hesitate to send us an email here. 😉
- 1. The job party Digital Plug&Work Luxembourg will take place on Tuesday, November, the 28th 2017 at the European Convention Center Luxembourg, from 6 PM to 10 PM. You can join the party at: Place de l’Europe (behind the Philharmonic, next to Mudam) starting from 5:45 PM before the doors opening. (Back to the menu)
- 2. 40 companies represented by many recruiters and experts in IT and Finance will be there. To retrieve the full list of these companies, and their vacant job offers, you can check the official web site here. (Back to the menu)
- 3. You can get more information across our Moovijob Sourcing team thanks to this link, we will get back to you shortly. (Back to the menu)
- 4.While registering on the website plugnwork.lu, you will have access to the latest information sent to you by email before the event. You will also get an invitation confirmation to show at the entrance of the job party. You can show it on your mobile or printed. The Moovijob team strictly checks the invitation list, as the main goal of this event is to make a matching between profiles and job offers. The other interest of your registration is that your name and your resume will appear on the recruiters’ iPads during the event. If they select you or note some comments on your profile on their iPads, you can be sure to be contacted back after the party for a job interview. Indeed, Moovijob will transmit the notes and resume of candidates the day after the event to facilitate exchanges between you and recruiters. Interesting if you did not have the time to meet all the recruiters during the job party. If you can’t join the party, just let us know. Your CV will appear on the CV-bank that we send to recruiters and we will let another candidate join the event. (Back to the menu)
- 5.To register for Digital Plug&Work Luxembourg, you just need to go on plugnwork.lu. If you already have an account on moovijob.com, you can click on the button « I already have an account on moovijob.com ». If you don’t have an account yet, we invite you to fill in the form. This will help recruiters to find you in the CV-bank of this event, thanks to the form you completed during your registration. Your information is strictly confidential, they won’t be transmitted to partners. (Back to the menu)
- 6. Following your registration at Digital Plug&Work Luxembourg, respecting point 5, (just above), ensure that your registration has been considered. An alert pop-up should appear on your screen. Within 3 days, our Sourcing team will contact you to confirm, or not, the matching between your profile and job offers. We advise that you regularly check your email and your spams. If you are not accepted for the job party, no regrets! It means that they are no job offers fitting with your profile, adapted to your competencies or your level of professional experience. Another possible reason: the number of candidates being limited for security reasons, we cannot accept more candidates than authorized. In this case, your resume will stay in our CV-bank and will be transmitted to recruiters anyway the day after the event. (Back to the menu)
- 7. If you have registered yet but you did not get a confirmation, no panic! You can send us an email through this link plugnwork.lu. To facilitate your demand, please precise: your name and your email address used to register for the job party. We will answer shortly to your SOS! (Back to the menu)
How to join:
- 8. The job party Plug&Work lasts 4 hours. We advise you to come as soon as possible, when recruiters are still available and « fresh » which means between 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM. Around 8:30 PM the flow gets heavy. It would be a pity that you could not speak to all the recruiters during this event, so come early! (Back to the menu)
- 9. Warning: the job party Digital Plug&Work Luxembourg takes place in Luxembourg City, not in the Luxembourg Garden in Paris. Discover here how to come: Google Maps.
European Convention Center Luxembourg (ECCL)Place de l’Europe, Parking Place de l’Europe
Bus: Lines 1, 13, 16 (Eurobus) Stop: « Philharmonie / Mudam »Luxembourg disposes of an international airport, at 10 minutes away by tramway from the ECCL; a main line central train station: 2h11 away by TGV from Paris and 1h34 from Strasbourg. If you come by car (3h30 from Paris, 2h20 from Strasbourg and 2h24 from Brussels), you can park directly at parking Place de l’Europe.If you come from a long way, several hotels are located nearby the ECCL. here is a full list. If you prefer opting for a more economical solution, the Youth Hostel of Luxembourg is a 10 minutes walking from the job party. One night costs 24,65 € per person, breakfast included. You can check availabilities here. (Back to the menu)
- 10. There will be a coat check on site. You will have the occasion to get rid of your bag and coat to lay back. During the job party, a big screen will broadcast job offers and names of recruiters to help you remember with who you should discuss. (Back to the menu)
- 11. A delicious buffet will be offered to enjoy the art of networking with bubbles and petits fours. This buffet is free. (Back to the menu)
- 12. At the entrance, members of the Moovijob team will give you a colored badge corresponding to a professional skill. Recruiters will be also equipped with a colored necklace with a badge and their logo. This will help you to find them during the party. (Back to the menu)
- 13. No need to bring a CV! Your resume is already uploaded on the iPads that recruiters will have during the party. They will even can take notes about you and retrieve then the day after with your resume and your contact details. For information, they can select your name to get your CV the day after the party. You will then have chances to be contacted back for a job interview. Jackpot! You can also ask for the business cards of recruiters during the job party if you want to be the first to contact them. (Back to the menu)
Getting ready for the event:
- 14. Such a recruiting party allows job seekers to meet several recruiters known or unknown in one evening. The main goal is to get information, discover people and companies. You can make the difference and go beyond the lines of your resume. You can also train yourself for your next job interviews. You will have close to ten quick interviews where you will have the chance to test your elevator pitch. Find out more about the profiles wanted, the recruiting process, the vacant positions, etc. Following the job party, you will be more relaxed for the next job interview that you will have with the same nice recruiters and experts that you already met at Plug&Work. 🙂 (Back to the menu)
- 15. To get prepared for the next job party Plug&Work, read the companies presentations and job offers on plugnwork.lu and select the recruiters you would like to meet at the job party. The idea is to show them that you are motivated. (Back to the menu)
- 16. To optimize your time, target the companies you are mainly interested in. During the job party, if a recruiter is already busy with other candidates, insert yourself in the circle to listen to what is said. Otherwise, go to meet another company. You will have the time to come back later. (Back to the menu)
- 17. During the event, you will have the opportunity to meet recruiters, directors of services, HR but also future colleagues. A unique occasion to speak about you, your experiences and expectations. The idea is also to equilibrate the conversation with question for companies to raise their attention. Show that you studied their job offers on plugnwork.lu before coming, to show your motivation. (Back to the menu)
- 18. If you don’t find a recruiter at the beginning or at the very end of the job party, it means that he/she is maybe not arrived yet/gone. During the middle of the party, you can ask for a recruiter at the entrance. We will realize a microphone call. The recruiter called will raise his/her hand to help you to locate him/her. (Back to the menu)