- 1. What is Plug&Work Luxembourg?
- 2. When and where will the Plug&Work Luxembourg job afterwork take place?
- 3. How do I register to Plug&Work Luxembourg?
- 4. What is the selection process?
- 5. What can I do if my profile has not been selected to participate?
- 6. How can I get ready to participate?
During the event
- 7. What is the best timing to attend the event?
- 8. How to access and where to park?
- 9. Where can I sleep close to the event?
- 10. Is there a coat check on-site?
- 11. Is there food on-site?
- 12. How can I find recruiters during the evening?
- 13. Should I bring my CV or business cards?
- 14. How can I optimize my chances of being called back?
- 15. Why am I told to apply online after the afterwork?
Before the event:
- What is Plug&Work Luxembourg ?
The Plug&Work Luxembourg recruitment afterwork gathers around 40 Luxembourgish IT & Finance companies every year, to meet with and share about projects, tech and jobs. The afterwork takes place in a friendly and unusual place with music and a cocktail dinner.
- When and where will the Plug&Work Luxembourg job afterwork take place?
The event will take place on Tuesday, November 19 from 6pm to 10pm at the Centre National Sportif et Culturel d’Coque in Luxembourg (2, rue Léon Hengen, 1745 Luxembourg). You can come to the entrance « Entrée 1 / Arena » from 5:45 before the doors open.
- How do I register to Plug&Work Luxembourg?
To register for Plug&Work Luxembourg, you just need to go on plugnwork.lu. If you already have an account on moovijob.com, you can click on the button « register » and provide an updated version of your resume. If you don’t have an account yet, we invite you to fill in the form. This will help recruiters to find you in the CV-bank of this event.
- What is the selection process?
After your registration on plugnwork.lu, you will receive a confirmation email (not an invitation). Our Sourcing Team will then send you an invitation, or not, within 3 days. The goal of this event is to create a match between profiles and offers proposed, that is why our selection criteria are as follows: the number of offers proposed in your field, the adequacy of your skills, your level of experience and the number of participants already invited.
- What can I do if my profile has not been selected to participate?
We are open to any questions or remarks regarding your participation request. You can contact the Team in charge of the selection at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How can I get ready to participate?
To get ready for Plug&Work Luxembourg, here are our best tips.
During the event, you will have the opportunity to meet recruiters, directors of services, HR but also future colleagues. A unique occasion to speak about you, your experiences and expectations. The idea is also to balance the conversation with questions for companies to raise their attention. Show that you studied their job offers on plugnwork.lu before coming, to show your motivation.
During the event:
- What is the best timing to attend the event?
The job party Plug&Work lasts 4 hours. We advise you to come as soon as possible, when recruiters are still available and « fresh » which means between 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM. Around 8:30 PM the flow gets heavy. It would be a pity that you could not speak to all the recruiters during this event, so come early!
- How to access and where to park?
Warning: the job party Plug&Work Luxembourg takes place in Luxembourg City, not in the Luxembourg Garden in Paris. Discover here how to come: Google Maps. You can park at Parking Coque 2 – 5 Rue Erasme or at Parking Adenauer – Bd Adenauer. The entry of d’Coque is the number 1, called Arena. Luxembourg disposes of an international airport, located 10 minutes away by bus from D’Coque; the mainline central train station: 2h11 away by TGV from Paris and 1h34 from Strasbourg. If you come by car (3h30 from Paris, 2h20 from Strasbourg and 2h24 from Brussels), please check out all the information about the parking areas near the place here.
- Where can I sleep close to the event?
If you come from a long way, several hotels are located nearby D’Coque, here is a full list. If you prefer opting for a more economical solution, the Youth Hostel of Luxembourg is 10 minutes walking from the job party. One night costs 25.15 € per person, breakfast included. You can check availabilities here.
- Is there a coat check on-site?
There will be a coat check on site. You will have the occasion to get rid of your bag and coat to lay back.
- Is there food on-site?
A delicious buffet will be offered to enjoy the art of networking, along with drinks and petits fours. This buffet is free.
- How can I find recruiters during the evening?
At the entrance, members of the Moovijob team will give you a colored badge corresponding to a professional skill. Recruiters will be also equipped with a colored necklace with a badge and their logo. This will help you to find them during the party.
- Should I bring my CV or business cards?
No need to bring a CV! Your resume is already uploaded on the touchpad that recruiters will have during the party (unless you put your profile on private on moovijob.com). They will even take notes about you and retrieve them the day after with your resume and your contact details. For information, they can select your name to get your CV the day after the party. You will then have chances to be contacted back for a job interview. Jackpot! Also, you should ask for the business cards of recruiters during the job party if you want to be the first to contact them.
After the event:
- How can I optimize my chances of being called back?
The key is to contact before being contacted. First thing, don’t hesitate to collect many business cards during the event, you will then be able to send a personalized email to every recruiter you met. We advise you to wait for 1 day before contacting a recruiter then send him/her an email to thank them for their time during the evening. If you don’t get a reply, you can send them another email a few days after to show your motivation.
- Why am I told to apply online after the afterwork?
Don’t be surprised if a recruiter asks you to apply on their career site after the event. This will allow recruiters to manage better your application with their application management software. When you apply online, don’t hesitate to mention your exchange with them during Plug&Work Luxembourg, to make sure the recruiter doesn’t forget about you! 😉